Each year the Multiple Sclerosis Foundation makes dreams come true for individuals with multiple sclerosis across the country through the Brighter Tomorrow grant.
The goal of the grant is provide individuals with MS with goods or services (valued at up to $1000.00 per recipient) to improve their quality of life by enhancing safety, self-sufficiency, comfort, or well-being.
Recipients of the Multiple Sclerosis Foundation's Brighter Tomorrow grant have received appliances, televisions, furniture, hobby supplies, retreats, and various home modifications.
To qualify, a person must be 18 years of age or older and diagnosed with MS, or the parent of a minor child diagnosed with MS, and be a permanent U.S. resident. They must not have any other means of fulfilling the need they express.
Applicants are asked to provide basic personal and financial information, and to write a brief essay of 100 words or less to describe how the grant would help them have A Brighter Tomorrow.
If you would like to apply for a Brighter Tomorrow grant, simply fill out our online application, print an application, or call 888-673-6287 to receive an application by mail. Applications are accepted from June 1 to September 1 of each year.
For further information on the Brighter Tomorrow grant, call our Program Services Department at 1-888-MSFOCUS or you can contact us by email: email@example.com.
- Partially funded through a charitable donation from the Bayer Foundation.
Applications submitted must fulfill the following eligibility criteria to be considered for funding:
- Applicant must be diagnosed with MS, or be the parent of a minor child with MS.
- Applicant must be over the age of 18.
- Applicant must have no existing financial net (such as Medicaid or private insurance) to cover the request.
- Applicant must grant the MSF the right to use their name and photograph for promotional purposes.
- Applicant must agree to sign a disclaimer.
- Applicant must be a resident of the United States.
- Application must be postmarked/ time-stamped between June 1 and September 1.
- Request must be for specific goods or services.
- Cash, medications, or items available through current programs are not included.
Applications are confidential and will be reviewed by the grant committee. Recipients will be notified in December.